Turbotax, a product of Intuit Corporation, is your one-stop solution to your tax woes. It was developed back in the 1980s by Michael A. Chipman. Turbotax became a household name after Intuit Corporation, based in Mountain View, California acquired it from Chipsoft in 1993.
Since then, continuous innovations and changes have taken place to cater to the changing times. Its main competitors have been Jackson Hewitt, H&R Block at Home, TaxSlayer and TaxAct. With its unique offerings and a highly capable staff at its disposal, it has maintained its ground even in times of tough competition.
According to survey data for personal returns in 2011, it became the best value for money package in the category of tax filing package. Some might feel that Turbotax’s rates are on the higher side of the spectrum but this becomes nullified with the overall returns eventually. Choosing Turbotax over its rivals requires concrete reasons. Here’s why you might want to work with Turbotax:
- The QuickBooks connection: Turbotax is highly popular not only because of its brand value but also because of the fact that Intuit Corporation is also the creator of QuickBooks. Intuit Corporation has a trusted name in the accounting industry already having served around 29 million small business owners – Turbotax login only adds a feather to the cap. Since both these packages have the same maker, it is very easy and secure to import data from Quickbooks to your Turbotax package.
- ItsDeductible service: The ItsDeductible service allows you to keep a tab of the amount you have spent on charity so that you can value them correctly before filing a tax return. It also accounts for freelance and 1099 income.
- Has a three tier paid option : Depending on the type of customer you are, you can choose from a deluxe, premier or small business owner plan.
- Start free: You do not have to pay a dime till you start filing. Also the 1040EZ or 1040A can be filed for free.
Turbotax Login: How to Sign in to Turbotax Online Services?
To avail Turbotax’s benefits online, you will have to
- Visit the My Turbotax login page by following this link: https://myturbotax.intuit.com/
- You will have to enter your User ID and your Password.
- You can check the ‘Remember Me’ box if you want the computer to store your credentials. Do it only if you are using a personal computer.
- Click ‘Sign in’. You are now logged in.
Mobile offerings of Turbotax
Turbotax’s online services can also be availed with just a tap. All you need is a smartphone. To get started, click a photo of your W-2 and answer some general queries. After this, Turbotax will take over and coach you for every step that you need to take. The double-checking is done by Turbotax login itself. The best thing is that the app is so user-friendly that you do not need any prior knowledge of taxes to work your way around.
Turbotax Login via Your iPhone:
- Download the Turbotax app from the iTunes store.
- Open the app.
- Enter your User ID and your Password in the login tab.
- You now can access your tax coach and start filing your tax returns.
Turbotax Login via Your Android Device:
- 1Download the Turbotax app from the Play store: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.intuit.turbotax.mobile&hl=en
- Open the app.
- The tab will ask you to put in your User ID and Password.
- Click ‘Sign in’.
- You are now successfully logged in.
How to Reset Your Turbotax Password?
Here’s how you can reset your Turbotax password:
- Go to Turbotax login page https://myturbotax.intuit.com/
- Click ‘I forgot my user ID or password’.
- You will be able to proceed by entering either your phone number or your email or your user ID.
- If you do not remember your user ID and your registered mail ID/phone number, click ‘Try something else’
- Here you will have to authenticate your identity by furnishing information like: Last name, Date of Birth, Social Security Number and ZIP code.
- Click Continue to reset your Turbotax password.
How to Enroll at Turbotax?
If you haven’t yet registered for an account with Turbotax, then you will have to sign up for its services. Here’s how you can easily do it:
- At Turbotax login page: https://myturbotax.intuit.com/, you will find the ‘New to Intuit? Create an Account option’ right below the sign in dialogue boxes.
- Click on the ‘Create an Account’ option.
- You will be directed to a signing up page. Here you will have to fill up your personal details to get started.
- This is the information you will need to furnish:
• Email Address
• User ID
• Phone: Not mandatory but recommended.
- After filling them up, click the “Create Account” button.
- You also can read their License Agreement as well as Privacy Statement before pressing the ‘Create Account’ button. You do not need to worry that your information will be reset and you will have to type it all again. If you click on the License Agreement or Privacy Statement option, it will automatically open a new tab and the data you have entered will not be reset.
Your queries can be addressed via the contact page of Turbotax: https://support.turbotax.intuit.com/contact/
Customer Care Number: 800-446-8848
Turbotax Advantage support number: 1-800-414-5644